Services We Offer
Instructional & Consultation Services
We provide IEP-driven instruction and consultative support to students in public and private schools throughout New Jersey. in the following areas:
- Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TVI) Instructional Services provided by certified TVIs
- ESL Instruction for Blind and Visually Impaired English Learners provided by dual-certified teacher
- Access Technology Training in low vision and blindness technologies for K12 and adult learners
VISTAS provides the following essential evaluations for students with vision impairments in PreK through high school.
- Functional Vision Assessment
- Learning Media Assessment
- Expanded Core Curriculum Assessment
- Access Technology Evaluation
- CVI Range for learners with Cortical/Cerebral Vision Impairment
Braille Transcription & Electronic Document Prep
VISTAS braille/tactile transcription and electronic document remediation services enables schools to ensure that blind and visually impaired students receive curriculum materials in accessible formats, at the same time as their sighted peers.
VISTAS provides braille transcription of textbook and other supplementary curriculum material, tactile graphics, and screen-reader accessible document preparation in all K-12 and college subjects.
VISTAS offers out of school time enrichment activities that are specifically adapted for individuals with visual impairment or blindness. These programs include after school and Saturday classes, summer camps, and special outings. We partner with community organizations to offer inclusive activities, and we also offer specialized programs geared specifically towards blind/low vision, compensatory skills.