Instructional & Consultative Support
We provide the following specialized services to blind and low vision students, and their educational teams:
- Access (Assistive) Technology Training
- Braille Transcription and Document Remediation
- ESL Instruction
- Orientation and Mobility Instruction
- Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TVI) Instructional Services
We conduct the following essential educational evaluations for blind and low vision students:
- Access (Assistive) Technology Evaluation
- Cortical Visual Impairment Range
- Expanded Core Curriculum Assessment
- Functional Vision Assessment
- Learning Media Assessment
- Orientation and Mobility Evaluation
Braille Transcription & Electronic Materials Remediation
VISTAS partners with K-12 schools and colleges to provide high quality transcription and electronic document remediation. This essential service ensures that blind and low vision students receive their curriculum materials in accessible formats, at the same time as their sighted peers.
Out-of-School Time Enrichment
VISTAS collaborates with community organizations to provide accessible educational enrichment activities for blind and low vision children and youth, including weekend classes, summer camps, and field trips.
VISTAS also hosts the New Jersey Regional Braille Challenge and New Jersey Regional Abacus Bee.