National Homework Hotline for Blind/Visually Impaired Students (NHH-BVI)
- Who is eligible. Any K-12 blind/visually impaired student in the United States.
- How it works. A parent or student contacts NHH-BVI to request a tutoring session. The request is matched with a qualified tutor, who contacts the student at the email/phone number provided to schedule the tutoring session.
- What materials are used. Classwork problems and assignments that the student needs help with are worked on during the tutoring sessions.
- How to get started. Email or call NHH-BVI to request tutoring. Requests must include the student’s grade level and a description of the assignment/classwork for which help is needed. Learn more about this and all areas of support that NHH-BVI is providing during this unprecedented time of remote learning.
Additional support areas include, but are not limited to:
- JAWS, NVDA
- Voice Over for macOS and iOS devices
- Nemeth and literary braille
- Cranmer abacus
- Refreshable braille displays
Support requests are submitted by email or phone. Volunteer responders provide call backs from M-Fri 11am-8pm EST. Most requests receive a response within 24 hours.
To request support, email email@example.com or call 732-835-6672. Requests should include the following information:
- student’s first name and grade in school
- specific description of the help that is needed
- telephone number for hotline responder to call