National Homework Hotline for Blind/Visually Impaired Students (NHH-BVI)
What: The National Homework Hotline for Blind/Visually Impaired Students (NHH-BVI) is a free service for K-12 and college students in the United States who are experiencing school closures due to COVID-19.
Areas of hotline help include, but are not limited to:
- JAWS, NVDA
- Voice Over for macOS and iOS devices
- Nemeth and literary braille
- Cranmer abacus
- Refreshable braille displays
- Core Curriculum Subjects (Math, ELA, Science, Social Studies)
Who: NHH-BVI responders are experienced TVIs, tutors, blind mentors, STEM professionals, and college students
How: Support requests are submitted by email or phone. Volunteer responders provide call backs from M-Fri 11am-8pm EST. Most requests receive a response within 24 hours.
To request support, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 732-835-6672.
Include the following information:
- student’s first name and grade in school
- specific description of the help that is needed
- telephone number for hotline responder to call